How To Fix HP Printer Offline Error in Windows 10?
Here is the error that pops up with the gadget: The printer status is “offline” on the computer and is unable to print. As a result, this may lead to one of the scenarios with your equipment:
- The printer does not acknowledge the command given.
- File and printer sharing is disabled.
- The Network port IP address gets changed or is reset.
- The network is lost with the printer each time it enters the sleep mode.
- Unable to find printers/devices on the network.
Quick-Fix the Snags
Step A: Do a power reset and check the connection
- Resetting the printer is the foremost step one should try to quick-fix the snag. For this, turn off the device and wait for 25 to 30 seconds. Then turn on the printer and give the printing instructions. If it can start the printing job from the printing queue, your printing is back to its running condition. Thus, no further troubleshooting steps are required.
- However, if the printer is still offline, resume with further printer troubleshooting steps.
2. While the printer is in its “ON” state, detach the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet, and then wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Ensure there are no blemishes with the network cable and are securely connected.
- Confirm that the router and the switch cables are properly coupled.
- Now restart the laptop or any other computing machine and hold on until it gets a reboot.
- Restore the power cable to the back of the printer and plug it in on the wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Try to print.
- Give printing directions to see if your printer has turned online.
- If not, move ahead to the next step.
Step B: Make sure the printer is connected to the network
- For wireless connections, make sure that the Wi-Fi is turned on the laptop/tablet and you’re connected to the wireless network (SSID)
- Plus, see to it that your printer has a valid IP address by verifying on the configuration page or the network summary.
- If the IP is not defined, or if the address is showing as 172.16.xxx.xxx, and demonstrates auto-IP, it is a clear indicator that the network is not configured properly.
- If the IP address is allocated and authentic, then continue with the next step.
- Open one of the search engines, and in the address field, enter the correct IP address that was prompted on the configuration page. And,
- If the Embedded Web Server (EWS) opens, the printer is established on the network. Thus, we need to verify the “Use printer offline” settings which shall be discussed in Step C.
- But, if the EWS does not open, follow the next step.
- Test network communication by pinging the network. For this, go to the Start menu, enter Run on the search bar and then type the command “cmd”. Followed by typing ping and entering the IP address of the printer.
- If response time is generated by the printer, it, of course, states that the network is working. Therefore, we will move to Step C
- Otherwise, if the ping command fails or pops up an error “Request timed out”, the printer is not connected to the network.
For Your Information: Our technical assistants are here to help. Just call our HP printer tech support number in USA (888)358-6248.
Step C: Verify the “Use printer offline” setting
It’s possible that the “User printer offline” settings were enabled. Consequently, your printer was unable to print. Hence, it’s imperative to turn off this selection. For this:
- Go to Devices and Printers by clicking on the Start icon.
- Right-click the printer to check for “Use printer offline” settings.
- If it is selected, do not waste any more time in unselecting it.
- Post this; try to print to check if the issue has been resolved. Else, continue with the next step.
Step D: Ensure the Wi-Fi Settings were not changed of late
Is your computing device running on Windows 8? And most recently the connection was altered from a Private to a Public network, and then again changed back to a Private network. This might be restricting your printer to print.
Accordingly, you need to restore the original settings on the network and then try to print. Check to see if the issue has been rectified. Or else, move on to the next step.
Note: If you come across any issues while establishing the previous settings, don’t hesitate to speak to one of our experts by dialing the HP printer support phone number.
Step E: Make use of HP Print and Scan Doctor
Are you aware of the fact that HP provides a free tool (HP Print and Scan Doctor) that helps you diagnose and resolve the printing errors? Well, if you don’t download it today, you can perform various troubleshooting steps that might be influential in resolving your printer issue.
But, if the problem persists we will continue with the next step.
Step F: Reset the default printer driver
Perhaps this is a case where the settings of the default printer drivers have changed. Thus, it is essential to bring them back to their original settings by:
- Going to Devices and Printers.
- To find the original drivers, those were installed previously.
- Ascertain, they are set as Default. If not, do it right away.
- Try to print to see if you were able to fix the glitch. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
Just to let you know: The drivers should have the name of your printer. Plus, the picture displayed should not be grayed out.
Step G: Be certain to select the right port for printer drivers
The connection is unable to be established when the printer drivers are using the wrong port. As a result, this leads your printer to go offline. Let’s go-ahead to talk about how you can check the port settings!
- Open the tab – Devices and Printers
- The name of your printer model will be reflecting.
- Right-click on it to go to Printer Properties.
- Then select the Ports tab. Ensure that the port which is selected has the network or IP in the description. Also, if you see numerous listings of the same port type, change the Port selection to a different port.
- Select Configure Port and confirm that the printer IP address matches that of Port IP. Additionally:
- If the port selected is of the type WSD, then we need to reinstall the driver/software which is discussed in Step I.
- If the port selected is a Network Port (the printer name or IP address), we shall continue with Step H.
- If the port is IP, its IP address should match with the printer’s IP address. If it doesn’t, edit the Printer name or IP address field and click Ok.
- Try printing to check if the issue is cured. Under other conditions, move on to the next step.
Step H: Reset the driver configuration in Windows
We got the output when we checked the Port tab that the port selected was a network port. Also, your printer is still unable to print. Thus, in this step, we will reset the driver configuration in Windows.
- Access Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the name of our printer and then select Remove Device.
- Once it gets removed, choose the Add Printer to install a new driver instance. For detailed directions or any kind of assistance, feel free to speak to one of our experts. Also, to get connected just call the HP printer support phone number (888)358-6248.
- Give printing instructions, to check for whether your printer was able to print. In case of the error being still persistent, follow the guide in the next step.
Step I: Reinstall the drivers/software
- Open Add or remove programs.
- Search for the HP printer software and uninstall it.
- Restart your computing device.
- Download the latest HP printer driver software.
- Attempt printing. If the problem with the printer remains, you may try this step!
Step J: Connect the printer to some other computer
If you have access to some other computer, connect the printer with it. Download the required drivers from HP. Give printing a shot to see if the error has been vanquished.
So, you tried all the necessary steps to get your printer gadget up and running again. However, things didn’t work the way you wanted them to be.
If your printer is repeatedly troubling you, don’t worry and just get associated with one of our trained experts. It’s highly likely that your issue will be rectified without any further botheration.